Pixel Perfect is the "perfect" show to help you with your Photoshop skills. Be amazed and learn as master digital artist Bert Monroy takes a stylus and a digital pad and treats it as Monet and Picasso do with oil and canvas. Learn the tips and tricks you need to whip those digital pictures into shape with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. In this episode, Ben shows you how to apply light sources to 3D projects in Photoshop.
Create a 3d object:
This week, Bert teaches us that 3D is not just about angles, shapes, and depth. Lighting is equally as important. We begin with a 900x600, RGB file set to 72dpi. Fill screen with a solid blue in a new layer.
A note about resolution in your Photoshop files:
If working in print, your resolution should be double your halftone screen. i.e. If the magazine prints at 150 line screen, you need 300 dpi.
About 3D lighting:
There are 3 different sources of light, which can be controlled in the 3D (Lights) panel: Point lights, spot lights, and infinite lights. In this window you can also adjust the lighting source position, color, intensity and angle.
Point lights are simulate the light from a regular lightbulb.
Spot lights shoot the light out at an angle like a cone - narrow at first, then widening as the light travels.
Infinite light is like an ambient light, much like sunlight. Changing the angle of the Infinite light will lighten or darken your image with more coverage. You can also use Infinite light much like a photographer's reflection screen to hide shadows.
Adjusting light properties:
- Hotspot and Fallout values will change the softness of the light's edges.
- Attenuation determines the distance of how far the light travels, and you can set inner and outer values to manipulate the light to be realistic with distance.
Search Pixel Perfect on WonderHowTo for more Photoshop episodes from this [http://revision3.com/ Rev
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades