Stephanie Valentin teaches us how to draw a stone angel in Photoshop. You create a new document of 1100 x 200 pixels. You sketch the character with a black brush of 5 pixels and 100% of opacity on a new layer. Keep this layer of the whole painting process. Then create a new layer, filling the shape with a dark color. Use a hard brush of 25 pixels and 100% opacity. Create a new layer Light 1, apply large lights with a soft round brush of 20 pixels and 35% opacity. Apply a Gaussian blur of 8 pixels. A new layer is called Light II. Apply more defined lights with a soft round brush of 10 pixels and 35% opacity. Apply a Gaussian blur of 4 pixels. You can merge all the layers except the sketch. The first tool is the smudge tool. Use a width between 10 and 40 pixels and strength between 50% and 70%. Use two soft round brushes, white and black, to add more lights and shadows. The width should be between 10 and 20 pixels and opacity between 5% and 10%. Always remember the source of the lights. Create a dark background with effects like smoke.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades