Nichole Young demonstrates how to hand color using layer masks in Photoshop CS4, which also works in Photoshop CS3. The procedure can be summarized in two stages: turning the picture you would like to edit black and white and then bringing color back into it to give it a hand-colored look. The black-and-white effect is achieved by creating a new layer over the background layer. The next step is to give the picture a warm look by adjusting the layer's respective color balance. Then bring the colors back into the picture by using the brush tool and zooming in and out as finer details need to be painted. Use the density panel to even out the colors and make them look either more bleached or saturated.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades