5 Steps to out your skin tone with Photoshop.
1) Open the image in Photoshop and make sure it is flattened into one layer (Layer –> Flatten Image) from the last time we were editing it.
2) Duplicate the layer (Layer –> Duplicate Layer)
3) Choose Surface Blur to even out the skin tone (Filter –> Blur –> Surface Blur).
4) This is where it's kind of hard to give an all-encompassing rule, because the settings to use in the surface blur dialog will vary slightly based on the size and composition of each photograph, but for a similar. I'm going to try out putting in 15px for the Radius and 10 levels for the Threshold.
5) Done! Check out the header pic to compare before and after. Next time, we're going to mess around with how the hair looks!