Open an image and on the layers panel add a new layer by clicking on the fifth icon below the layers panel. A new layer is created with the name 'layer 1' and your previous layer would have the name 'background'. These names can be changed by you. For now we'll leave them as they are.
With the new layer selected click on Filter>Render>Clouds. Change the Opacity to 63. (This is present on the top right of the layers panel.)
Click on Filter >Noise> Add Noise. Your image looks grainy! Don't panic. We'll turn these grains to rain drops in a moment. Give the settings as in the image on the left.
Amount - 60
Distribution - Gaussian
Click on Filter >Blur >Motion blur. The motion blur window appears. Give the values Angle - 73 and Distance 10 as seen in the snapshot below. You can try varying the values and when a suitable image appears you can click OK.
With 'layer 1' still selected, move your mouse over the Layers panel. There is a drop down menu on the top left of the panel, this is used to set the blending mode for the layer, now set the blend mode to 'screen'.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades